Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 19, 2009

First sleepover...well, almost

Grace stayed with Kellie, Tommy, and Dawson yesterday evening so Kyle and I could go to a wedding. (Thanks, guys!) All afternoon, I kept telling Grace she was going to play with Dawson. On the ride over we asked her, "Where are you going?" to which she enthusiastically replied "Dawson house!" Of course I reminded her to be nice and to share, but I was worried that Kellie was going to get some of Grace's two-year-old attitude at some point during the night.

I was so thrilled that as soon as we walked in, Dawson grabbed Grace's hand and they went off to play with her toys. Oh, to have a picture of that! But Kellie did a great job of taking pictures all evening so I wouldn't miss a thing. If you want to read Kellie's post about the night click here.

Grace and Dawson ate dinner (turkey burgers, corn on the cob, and milk) al fresco, and then went for a ride in the wagon which turned into a walk and a run. From what I hear, Grace didn't want to run as much as Dawson and eventually got back in the wagon - lazy bones!I wonder what they could be talking about here....they are just so cute together and seem to become better friends each time they get an opportunity to play. Kellie and I were just talking aobut how we hope this friendship will last a lifetime. They played on Dawson's swingset and with all of Dawson's toysincluding this big ball which resulted in one of my favorite pictures of Grace - ever!And eventually they went upstairs to bed to read stories and to sleep. Dawson sleeps in a "big girl" bed now but it sounds like she was happy to have Grace for company. Kellie said that Grace was a little afraid and started to cry so she rocked her and put her to sleep in another room.I guess that counts as her first "sleepover" since she slept over at Dawson's house...just not all night. We went to get her around 11:00 after the wedding reception. Can you believe that I have not spent a night without Grace since she came home in March 2008?

Thanks again for letting Grace stay over. We are lucky to have you as friends!

4 comments:

cathybcareers said...

Big Daddy said;"Dawson and Grace probably will wind up as each others bridesmaids:. So cute.
Love Nana and Big Daddy

Kellie said...

Grace was a super sleepover friend! It's always fun watching these two interact, especially as they get older and interact more!

Nancy said...

They are so cute together! Great memories...

Phyllis said...

That was so much fun to share. Wish I were 2 again