Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, July 13, 2009

Mine?

We are back from a great trip to NYC. We did SO much in 4 days. I am going to post the pictures this week but date the entries as they occurred.

Thursday, July 9

Grace is such an incredible kid. I had to wake her up at 5:15AM on Thursday to catch our 6:40AM flight. We did great, boarding the plane at 6:20. What we didn't count on was a mechanical issue that delayed our flight for an hour - while we were on the plane! But Grace was so flexible and cute, entertaining herself and everyone sitting within a few rows of us. When we got to New York she loved riding in the taxi - belted but not in a car seat, riding up to the 29th floor in an elevator, going out on the terrace and looking down on the city below, and then exploring the ultimate toy store - FAO Schwartz.
When we were there, Grace and Nana saw some favorite friends,
Grace rode a giant polar bear,she watched a Barbie fashion show (you can design your Barbie's outfit online and in about 10 minutes she comes out on the runway),and played the giant piano like Tom Hanks in Big.

Grace looked at everything and touched many different toys and asking "mine?" but gently replaced the toys and left without a fuss when it was time to go. We were willing to buy her some special toy but I guess she didn't see anything she couldn't live without! That has to be some sort of record for FAO. I don't imagine many parents leave that store without dropping big bucks on toys.

Lucky me, I guess.

My favorite thing in the store was the "design your own muppet" area. You can choose its hair, eyes, clothes, etc. learn how to operate it and leave with your own piece of Sesame Street. I was tempted to say "mine?" when I saw those!

3 comments:

cathybcareers said...

I liked lots of things in the store; but my favorite was Grace. Ba (Big Daddy) came too and we watched Grace in the story telling area. I loved that too.
Nan

The Riggs Family said...

I love the muppet puppet idea. I would've been saying "mine" too. Sounds like a great trip. Love the pictures from the carriage ride too.

Phyllis said...

Grace, I think I would have loved the piano the most...Aunt Phyl loves pianos. I used to have one when I lived in Staten Island. But it wasn't as big as that one!