Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Potty Progress

....there isn't any!

Why? I take full blame. I haven't been consistent. It is really hard to do since the best way to train Grace is to stay home for several days in a row. That is close to impossible for us. We are always out and about somewhere..... So, I have been putting her in "big girl undies" here and there when we are home, which hasn't been working too well.

Today, she put on her Little Mermaid panties as soon as she woke up and I set the timer for 25 minutes. Wouldn't you know it...she had an accident about 20 minutes in - right on the carpet. So now she is sitting on the potty chair, drinking her juice, in front of the TV. I figure any time she is sitting it is going to be on that potty chair from now on!

I have offered her cool presents if she pees or poops in the potty, but that doesn't seem to be enough of an incentive.

I am going to take a shower now, and you can bet Grace and her potty are coming in the bathroom with me. Keep your fingers crossed for some success!

3 comments:

cathybcareers said...

One picture is worth a thousand words! Funny.
I love Dora on the TV
Good Luck Mommy
Love Nana

Phyllis said...

LOL...I think, Grace, you are getting the upper hand here. Give Mommy a break, make on the potty.

Nancy said...

Potty training does cut down on one's mobility, for sure. I know Maya thought it was HILARIOUS (perhaps crazy)when I placed her stuffed animals on the potty throughout the day with a portable DVD in tow, even in the van!