Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, August 7, 2009

Friday with friends

For our last Friday of the summer we went to the pool today with our friends...

Dawsonand Mayna
and, of course, their moms!

Grace had fun playing in the sand, but she did need to go into "time out" twice for throwing sand, even after multiple warnings. The second time she was sitting on the bench and crying two women went up to her to find out what was wrong. I was sitting nearby and told them that she was in "time out" and a look of immediate recognition and "I've been there" came across their faces. I thanked them, though. Good to know some caring moms will help your child if she is lost or hurt....

Something just wasn't right with my girl today. She didn't want to go in the pool. She jumped in the water about 5 times but after that wanted me to hold her. She went on the slide once and never went under the water. She asked for pizza for lunch but then didn't eat it, and she cried (screamed, really) all the way home in the car. That just isn't like her. It was so bad that I was pretty scared and almost stopped the car. But then I figured it was better to just get home and when we did get there she went right to sleep. Hopefully she will wake up from her nap feeling better.

We were at the pool yesterday and Grace noticed some people walking over a footbridge. We went to the top of it and looked down to a stream below. I pointed out how the water was moving and we picked up leaves from the ground to drop in the water. She had a great time testing gravity and watching big and small leaves on their trip downstream. Some got stuck on the rocks, too, and didn't go very far. Being Grace, she remembered just what we did yesterday and wanted to go on the bridge again right away. This time we picked some Daisys and Black-eyed Susans to send down the stream. I probably shouldn't encourage picking flowers that aren't ours, but they were much prettier than the leaves!

2 comments:

Arena Mom said...

Thanks for having us down (again!). We had an absolute blast! That always makes for such a nice day! Iwas telling andy that I think it is mayna's favorite pool!! I hope she is feeling better...my money is still on the molars.

Phyllis said...

OHOH, cutting those two year old molars is NOT FUN. I agree with Mayna's Mommy. Must be the molars