Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Build a Bunny

The first thing we did in New York on March 27th was go to the on 5th Avenue to make this bunny for Grace.
I love this kid! She has her mind set on what she wants, doesn't ask for too much, and when you tell her it is time to put something back on the shelf, she does! Love it!

Looking for the perfect one...

Grace was a little tired from getting up at 5 AM, flying to NY, and riding in a taxi and a bus. And, the stroller didn't help. We hardly ever use it at home, but with the busy NYC streets and crowds I felt better knowing she was strapped in where I could protect her. The problem is, she was passive and the riding was more conducive to sleep than it was to being a bubbly, almost-3-year old! But, true to form, Grace perked up as soon as it was time to stuff her bunny.
A giggle sound would be cool, Nana.

The man who stuffed her bunny told Grace to press the pedal as she watched her bunny fluff up. (Notice her feet on the pedal!)I love how Grace chose a heart, kissed it, and then put it inside her bunny. It is now named "Rainbow"!

4 comments:

Arena Mom said...

that is a really cute bunny!! I have been wanting to do this too...looks like fun!

cathybcareers said...

Great butterfly in your hair. Too bad Nana lost in on the bus. Oh well, you have the Pink one.
It was fun at Build a Bear/Bunny.
Love Nana

The Riggs Family said...

So fun! I want to take Cate to Build a Bear but I still think she's a little too young. It looks like your NYC trip was fun! I'm jealous. I love that city!

Phyllis said...

Oh Grace, what a lovely bunny you made; and, you gave it such a lovely name, too, Rainbow.