Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Egg-stravaganza

I am one tired kid. I think my mom is pretty tired today, too, because in a moment of weakness, she fell asleep on the couch which gave me some time to work on her 'puter. Why am I so tired? Well, this is our week "off" from work and school but we have been going non-stop since last Saturday. Just check out mom's blog entries and you will see SOME of the things we have been doing. Then, if you add potty training to the mix, you can get an idea of why I am tired and a little cranky. Potty training is stressful, you know. I have to concentrate so I don't have an accident and mom is always asking me or telling me I have to go use the toilet. I wonder how she knows I have to go and sometimes I really don't have to but when I protest she gets upset and then I get upset....you get the picture. But, if you don't, here is one to show you what happens when mom and I butt heads. I never end up winning.

This was a good day, though. I took mom to my friend Dawson's house so I could play with Dawson and Mayna. We had a really good time on the swingset. Ahhh....I could swing all day if someone would push me. Luckily, Tommy and Andy were happy to help out with that.Tommy told Mayna and me to try touching our feet together when we were swinging. It was fun and we giggled a lot. I think mom was enjoying something called a mimosa while I was doing all this work on the swing...

I wore my new sandals to play. Don't you love them? The best thing about them is that I can put them on all by myself. Sometimes they are not on the correct feet, though! But at least they are on and that makes me really proud. I took them off to cool my sweaty, stinky feet in this pitcher of water just like Dawson. In fact, all day I took my shoes on and off about 10 times...just because I could!Dawson, Mayna, and I hid a bunch of Easter eggs outside for the grownups to find. But they were taking too long talking, so we just rushed out to gather them all up. It was an egg-stravaganza with big eggs, small eggs, shiny eggs, and eggs that were funny shapes and didn't look like eggs at all!We all found lots of eggs and put them in our baskets. I tried to grab some of Dawson's when she wasn't looking. Mom was not happy about that!But egg hunting is hard work and I figured why look for them when I can get some that had already been "found". I guess I wasn't supposed to do that!Then, we sat down to see what goodies were inside. I got a bracelet, some squishy bugs, Chapstick, money, candy, a ball, a book, and more treasures I can't even remember right now.We played for a long time today and every time Dawson, Mayna, and I get together we become better friends. Our moms say it is fun to watch us interact, but I'm not really sure what they mean by that.We're not doing anything special...we are just being kids!

4 comments:

cathybcareers said...

Ba liked the adventure you guys had today. Nana loves the fairy shirt and new shoes. Maybe Mommy can put an inside which way the shoes go on! That's Ba's idea.

Happy Easter to All.
Love Nan

Arena Mom said...

I love your pictures! I was just commenting to Kellie that I am going to steal some....I didn't get any good ones at all!!

Kellie said...

Great pics and a good day had by all! Love the milk pictures...the girls are so silly!

Phyllis said...

Hey Ba has a good idea there! Maybe if Mommy teaches you L and R you will know which is left and which is right. Wish I could come egg hunting, you girls look like you had so much fun. Love,Aunt Phyl