Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 25, 2010

iKnow iAm iNtrouble

I'm not at "techy" person. And, up until recently, I didn't own any Apple products. But now I have an iPod and a few weeks ago after I saw Kellie's iPad, I knew it was something that I would use. So the day after they came on the market, Kyle drove about 40 minutes with me so I could go to the Apple store as soon as they opened. I ended up being the 2nd person in line and within 15 minutes, I walked out with the newest tech gizmo to hit the shelves. And, I have to say I love it! But....there is someone in this house who loves it even more! The iPad is so easy to navigate, that Grace can choose a game, movie, TV program, or story book on her own and navigate through the screens to do what she wants. I have been selective in choosing "apps" for her, trying to concentrate on learning letters, numbers, and simple Spanish words. We have a few favorite programs stored like Curious George, Backyardigans, and Sesame Street for when she wants to watch something and it isn't on TV....or in the car...or in a restaurant. I think her favorite thing, though, is an animated version of Toy Story. It is basically like someone is reading the book aloud. You even see the pages turn. Very cool....

So far, she understands that it is Mommy's 'puter and she can use it "sometimes". But, in reality, I think she uses it as much as I do!

6 comments:

cathybcareers said...

It's great that Grace is learning another language. Good job Mommy.
I saw the Ipad, loved it too, but still need to learn Windows 7 in my new computer ..oops (puter)

The Riggs Family said...

Oh I am so jealous! It's amazing how quickly kids pick up on that stuff. We have an Apple desktop and a couple of iPods and Cate is pretty good at figuring out how to get something close to what she wants on each.

Kellie said...

I am a bad friend to have...I LOVE technology! I'm not sure myself if the ipad is Dawson's or mine? How funny that she takes over everything these days! Now I have to hide it!!!!

Arena Mom said...

Oh fun! I almost broke down and gave my iTouch to Mayna (always has it anyway) and got an iPhone for me (Andy just got one for his job...no fair!). The iPad is awesome though1!!!

I just put the Guatemalan adoption episode of seaseme street on the iTouch so if mayna wants to watch a show it has to be that one. Watch out for YouTube though...there are some dubbed Doras that are not kid friendly!

Phyllis said...

WOW...a new Techie in the family! She should meet her cousin Michael V who is so techie that he scares me!

Nancy said...

"OMG," she said, turning green.