Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Curious about George

I bet you know who this is....But did you know that the Curious George history dates back to 1940 when the authors Hans Augusto and Margaret Rey fled Germany with the manuscript in their luggage? They published the first book in the series in 1941 and it has blossomed from there to include dozens of books published in many languages around the world, movies, a PBS television series, and even a ride a Universal Studios.I was never a big Curious George fan as a kid, but I have become one since Grace has gotten interested in him. When we went to see a live performance of the Curious George musical yesterday, we were lucky enough to get to meet George up close and personal. Grace was shy at first, but warmed up enough to give George a high-five and to take a few photos.

(Thanks, Kellie, for the great photography!)

The show itself was a lot of fun singing and dancing with a good message about doing everything with love! How can you go wrong with that?

3 comments:

Phyllis said...

Grace, I love your new photo! Gee, I think I would be a little hesitant to high five Curious George, too. He is kind of big. But, I know he is kind.

cathybcareers said...

Ba loves the swing picture and the shirt, too! It's interesting about George, since 1941. Good photos.

Unknown said...

Grace you were brave giving George a high five! I liked the way you were waving to all the people on stage. Maybe you and your mom can teach Dawson and I how to make real Italian meatballs like Curious George....