Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Day 35

Most people probably believe educators get a lot of time off work. And, we do. Even on an administrator's contract I usually feel my summers have allowed me more than enough time to relax, rejuvenate, travel a little, have some fun, and get some projects done around the house. This year, though, the 38 days I had off seemed much too short. Especially since today is Day 35. With only 3 days left, I feel like there is still so much more I want to do with the remaining summer days. We experienced a lot of really great things this summer, but I still want to go to the pool, eat meals outside, visit the farmers' markets, play at the playground with Grace, help Grace learn to ride her bike, take Daisy for long walks, stay up late, etc....Why does it seem like the winter lasts forever and summer always goes by so fast????

4 comments:

cathybcareers said...

Sounds like you had a fun summer so far! You can still plan great weekends and picnics on the deck. I love your bathing beauty photos.
Love Nana

Kellie said...

I second the long winters and short summers. I just don't understand! Just think, we still have fun things headed our way this Fall......I can think of a few!

Arena Mom said...

I can imagine the dread you feel about Monday. Ugh. You guys will get through it and settle back into routine but I know it must make it even harder when the other teachers, etc get so much more time off. Good luck and hang in there! Is Grace ready for daycare again? Is she going to be in the same room, or a new one? Mayna starts a new room in August and I hope she is ready!

Enjoy your last few days and remember...we have nice weekends to enjoy for another 2 monts or so!

Phyllis said...

That's because winter is forever, and summer is so short...at least until you retire to FL, then there is a short winter and a looooooooooong summer, LOL...Make the most of the time you have, my loves.