Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Favorites

We waited a lot on the trip back home from Punta Cana. A lot. We waited in line to check in with the airline, to go through security, to board our plane, for the plan to take off, 4 hours for the flight to land, to go through immigration and customs, and for the shuttle from the international arrivals to take us back to the main terminal. And, because I forgot that I had an apple in my bag as a snack for Grace (hardly an exotic fruit) we waited for the agriculture inspector. Like I said, it was lot of waiting. So we talked to Grace about the vacation and what she liked best. Grace declared her favorite things to be:
  • the caballo (she now knows the word for "horse" in Spanish)
  • jumping in the pool, and
  • the choo-choo truck!
Since we are on the subject of favorites....this is my favorite photo from the trip. I just love the lazy, sun drenched look of it.

4 comments:

cathybcareers said...

Good planning Mommy, I love the idea of putting on long sleeve shirts on the beach. I have two I love, white, in Florida just for that reason. Glad you guys had a great time. Before you know it you will be planning the next trip. Where should "we" go? I heard you needed a Nanny --oops a Nana!

Aunt Jill said...

I'm so glad you all had a wonderful time on your vacation. It looks like an incredible place. The pictures of Grace and Kyle are perfect - so cute. We're sending warm Florida sunshine up to all of you. Lots of love, Aunt Jill

Phyllis said...

Hey, don't you need another nanny for your next trip? Love the photo, it says it all.

Nancy said...

You need Nana, a nanny, and Nancy on your next trip!

Grace is in her element waterside...looks so relaxing...Maya wants me to take her to Grace's white sand beach so she can make a sandcastle...um, how to explain this one...

Happy 4th!