Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Je m'appelle Grace

Now, I know I have Aunt Susan and Aunt Jill's attention....They were both French majors in college!Tomorrow is Bastille Day and since Nana and Aunt Phyllis are in Paris right now, we thought we would share this photo of Grace with a French flag she made this morning at a French-themed story time . I think the woman who was reading the books just wanted to practice her French and use her Eiffel Tower rubber stamps! The kids learned to say je m'appelle, merci and bonjour. Grace is able to repeat foreign words pretty well for a 3-year old. She seems to be able to hear the phonetic differences in the languages. They say this is the time to teach another language. We work on Spanish here and there, but maybe I need to consider some lessons....

4 comments:

Susan said...

Quelle petite chou chou! Grace est si mignon avec son drapeau francais! Ta tante Suze t'aime beaucoup.

Translation: What a cutie pie! Grace is so cute with her French flag. Your Aunt Suze loves you a lot.

cathybcareers said...

Suze and Jill, I am in Paris and went to Bastille Day Parada today, great fun. I loved the whole experience, Paris is my second favorite city in the world (of course NYC is #1). Paris has so much going for it Grace needs to come here (with Nana and Mommy) and meet Madeline. Great French Flag, I saw so many today at the parade.
Love Nana

Phyllis said...

Grace, keep listening and learning. I love your French Flag...maybe one day we can all come to Paris.

Aunt Jill said...

Hi Grace! J'adore - I love your picture of you holding the French flag. So cute!!! Your Aunt Susan and I are so proud of you for being a fan of that wonderful country. I miss you tons and can't wait to see you soon.

Love, Aunt Jill