Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Birthday portraits

We went to a photographer to have 2nd birthday portraits done. Grace had on a beautiful dress that was given to her as a present last year. She doesn't wear dresses very often and, even though she looked adorable, I could tell she wasn't comfortable. At the photographer's studio, Grace was cautious of the new people doing lots of silly things to make her smile. And, when she went to choose toys to play with they were the cars, the soccer ball, and the football. I told the photographer I might have to bring her back next week in jeans! So here are some of the 47 pictures from my tomboy's photo session today:

Cautious at first and a little afraid of the white screen
they pulled down behind her.

We switched to the black background which Grace
seemed to like more. She was saying "happy"
and started to relax and smile.

They changed to a garden background -
perfect for the floral dress she was wearing.
There was a stuffed frog that Grace seemed to
like and we were hoping to get her
kissing the "Frog Prince" but it didn't happen.
Gotta love this cheesy smile!
The last background was a deep red curtain.
Elmo was with us so we thought Grace
would take some pictures with him. But she was done!
She sat on this chair long enough for me to
step out of the way and then wiggled off it.

5 comments:

veggiemom said...

Love the birthday pics!!!
I ended up getting the Canon Rebel XSI. I got a refurbished body on Amazon and a new lens on Ebay. I went back and forth for a long time between it and the Nikon D60. I think there are a lot of pros to both. I'm hoping all my stuff will come on Tuesday or Wednesday and I let you know what I think.

Arena Mom said...

I love it! My favorite is the first one actually! No wonder Grace and Mayna got along so well....Mayna hates dresses too and they are both tomboys!!

Kellie said...

They came out beautiful! I really love the contrast in the first one and the expression in the second one! How perfect for her second birthday! I sure hope I get one!!!!

cathybcareers said...

Happy Birthday on Saturday Grace.
Nana loves your dress with the red shoes. This has been a great year. Big Daddy and I had lots of fun watching you get bigger. Don't rush!! Try to stay small for awhile.
Love Nana

Phyllis said...

Grace, I hope you got your birthday card with the surprise inside. I love your new pictures. People can be silly trying to make a little girl smile.