Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Such a big girl

It is just a couple of days before Grace turns two and she is becoming such a "big" girl. Last Sunday afternoon we went to the park (have you noticed how many different parks and playgrounds we have in our area?) for a little while. It was really cold and this particular park was very shady from many big trees surrounding it. We didn't stay long...just long enough for Grace to watch the older kids on the "big kid" swings and for her to tell me she wanted to try.I was a little nervous that she would not be able to sit upright on it and would fall off as she was swinging through the air. I didn't push her as high as I normally do on the toddler swings, but she had no fear and kept telling me "more"!When I told her it was time to go, she jumped off and said, "I did it!" - her favorite phrase this week!

4 comments:

Our Family of 5 said...

She really is a cutie!!

Phyllis said...

Yes Grace, YOU DID IT!~ What a big girl you are.

cathybcareers said...

Grace, I think doing something new everyday is very special. When I walk in the park over 2 miles or climb a big hill; I always say "I did it"
Love You Nana

Arena Mom said...

Mayna became the same way when she turned 2. Baby swings are so last year!! Haha! She did fall off the big swing once but she wants to be pushed SO high!!