Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, May 22, 2009

Celebrating with ELMO - Part 2

Grace allowed me to take one picture of her this morning in her cute "Birthday Girl" shirt that was a gift from Kellie and Dawson. It is in the laundry right now, so she can wear it tomorrow too. As you read further along in this post, you will understand why I needed to wash it!When we got to school, Miss Diana was sweet enough to take this picture of us together. I was so grateful because it is hard to get pictures with Grace since I am usually the one behind the camera. Miss Diana was patient and waited until Grace was looking...but no smile!In the afternoon, I joined Grace and 12 of her school friends (some from her class and some from the group next door) for her Elmo cupcakes. When I walked in I asked, "Whose birthday is it?" and Grace smiled. The teachers said they were telling her all day about her birthday and her Elmo cupcakes.

The kids were really cute. The "older" girls, and by older I mean not even 3, helped put plates and napkins on the tables for everyone. Grace got her cupcake first and everyone sang to her. So cute!Grace ate her cupcake cake first...so she ended up with red frosting everywhere. But I think she liked it. She asked for more and at school they give the kids second helpings if they ask. But since I knew she was going to have another one tonight at home I said one was enough!

4 comments:

cathybcareers said...

Grace; It seems like you had fun at school with your friends. Mommy really looked pretty this morning. Tomorrow is your Big Birthday Day. I think the birthday fairies will be working hard on tonight on the Big Birthday Surprise. I am having a great time watching all the action.
Love Nana

Kellie said...

Those cupcakes look delicious Grace! We hope you have the best second birthday ever! I know your mom has planned endless fun for you this weekend! Get ready for a great weekend! Love, Kellie and Dawson

Arena Mom said...

How fun!!! Looks like you had a great birthday party at school Grace!!! Adorable pictures!

Nancy said...

Grace! Now, that's the way to enjoy a birthday cupcake! Happy Birthday to you... (singing!)