Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, May 18, 2009

Some are silver and the others are gold

I remember this song from Girl Scouts:
Make new friends,
But keep the old
,
Some are silver
,
And the others are gold.


Well, we made some new friends on Saturday. Grace and I went to Preston's Hope playground to meet Mayna and Dena (our new friends), and Dawson. Kellie and I connected with Mayna's mom via the internet and found out we live close to each other. We had a lot of fun, even though it ended up being a rainy day. I know we will get together again soon!

Mayna is about 4 months older than Grace but they are pretty close to each other in size. At first they were just watching each other and playing (running around) alone. But Grace saw Mayna on this tire swing and she wanted to try it too. Notice how Grace is looking at Mayna in the first picture and then Mayna is checking Grace out in the second.Pretty soon they were holding hands and jumping.And then Mayna gave Grace this big hug before we said goodbye.I really admire people who are able to take excellent photos of children, especially toddlers. So many of my pictures seem to be of backs of heads. I guess I should just be happy that the kids were enjoying themselves running, swinging, sliding, and climbing!I love this one of all 4 girls climbing together.And thanks to Kellie and Aimee I have these cute pictures of Grace and Dawson actually looking up!

3 comments:

Arena Mom said...

That is so funny!! I had that same song in my head, but couldn't remember the exact words!!! Great pictures! I love the one of the two girls holding hands and jumping!!! Can't wait to see you guys again!!

Hannah said...

Great pictures. Your daughter is Gorgeous! Hope you guys had a great time!

Phyllis said...

Isn't it fun to make new friends? You look like you had such a good time