Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Candy Land

Grace and I made a gingerbread house tonight. What do you think of it?Okay, okay....That isn't the house we made. But we can dream, can't we?

I bought a gingerbread house kit at the store this afternoon. The one we got was pre-cooked but not assembled. I mixed up the icing and built the house while Grace was eating dinner so it could set before she decorated it.

From the minute Grace saw the house and decorations she was all about eating the candy. She even tried to sneak some pieces when she thought I wasn't looking!I finally convinced her that the candy was for decorating the house and we got down to business.And the final product....drum roll, please!Our dentist, Dr. Greg, will not be happy about what happened next.
What? I'm not supposed to eat it?

6 comments:

cathybcareers said...

Wow! You girls do fun things.
Those pictures of the Gingerbread House make me feel like eating candy.
Grace looks so busy and serious before the eating the candy.
Love Nana

Kellie said...

I really don't think Grace was eating her house, just catching a few drips! So cute! I love all the concentration it takes to put candy on the house!

Arena Mom said...

Oh my gosh! I have to look for one of these! It looks like a blast! Good job Grace! She should indeed be rewarded with a bite after all that hard work!

The Riggs Family said...

I LOVE that picture of her at the end eating it! What a fun idea!

Phyllis said...

Love the concentration...but love the attempted bite the best

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful girl you have! So sweet!