Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, November 9, 2009

It takes a village - Challenge Day 1

Aimee is posting every day for a month in honor of National Adoption Awareness and she has challenged other bloggers join her this week by posting "one thing we love about or have learned from adoption every day." I'm not sure I am up to the challenge....but here goes.

What I have learned: I am not in this alone.
A long time ago I first heard the quote "It takes a village to raise a child". Being a single mom, sometimes it feels like I am doing this all alone. But the reality is, there are so many people who have fallen in love with Grace and who care so much about me that they are there for us - all the time. Some are there every day, others are there via phone, we connect with people on the internet, some share advice from their own experiences, and others are strangers who say something nice when we are out and about. Being a mom has made me realize in so many ways that I really am never alone in this. And, each of these people who touch our lives every day help Grace grow and develop into the amazing little human being she is becoming. It truly takes a village and our "village" is huge.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm whos blog is this? hmmm is it my long lost friend Lynn? Where did you go??? HMMM!

Arena Mom said...

Hey ,

You are so right in so many ways! Love it and glad you are playing along with this week's challenge!!

Phyllis said...

Life is a challenge my dears...so greet it and conquer it. You will win.