Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, June 1, 2009

More zoo fun

Grace was so different at the zoo yesterday than she was last year at this time. The cool, sunny day and new friends certainly added to her excitement and active nature. The new stroller allowed Grace to get in and out whenever she wanted (we chose not to strap her in) so she had a lot of freedom to jump out when she saw something she liked.
It all started with the penguins,went on to the lemurs (who were leaping around as they were being fed by a zookeeper),and continued with the goats in the "farm" area.I think all the girls liked this part a lot because the sheep and goats were looking for food by sticking their noses between the slats of the fences. They were right at toddler height so the girls all got a little shock each time a wet nose poked through! There were certainly a lot of giggles!
Here is another example of why I need a new camera...this photo (taken by Aimee) was inside a log playhouse. The lighting was bad and my pictures weren't even usable. The difference is amazing even compared to the one above that was outside in the sunshine.I didn't even save my version of this shot (below) and Aimee's is wonderful. (Okay, I know the camera is only part of it...a bigger part is the photographer. But, I want to learn how to make my photos this good.)

2 comments:

cathybcareers said...

Wow! Great photos Aimee. Grace looks like she can be a zookeeper. It seems like she knows her way around the zoo. Good fun. It made me remember our monkey adventure at the Safari Jungle. Love Nana.

Phyllis said...

Grace, it looks like you had a lot of fun at the zoo. I hope you weren't frightened when the goat stuck his nose out