Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Call the geek squad!

I think they might have a new employee!
I turned the computer on today to check my e-mail but then stepped away as it was warming up. A few minutes later when I returned, this is what I found.Grace had moved the kitchen chair over to the desk, climbed up, and was typing away on the keyboard. It is amazing to me how she types, periodically moves the mouse, and then goes back to typing. Boy, this kid is observant! She only learned this by watching. It isn't something I intentionally taught her.As she sat at the computer a big storm rolled in. It is pretty dramatic when this happens as we can see a lot of the sky over the lake. It gets dark very quickly and the lake turns a greenish-gray color. Tonight we had lightening, thunder, and wind to go along with the pounding rain. You can see Grace's surprised reaction to the thunder and lightening show outside our windows.Eventually, she put her head down on the keyboard and said, "Grace sleepy". She went right up to bed after that.For these photos I used my 18-55 mm lens and changed to the "P" mode so I could adjust the ISO level. I first tried a shot in "full auto" to see what the camera suggested for the ISO and then went from there. I knew we had low light and dark brown walls so I used an ISO of 1600 compared to the camera's suggestion of 800.

5 comments:

cathybcareers said...

Nana knows just how you feel Grace. Most days at work I wish I could put my head on the keyboard and go off to sleep. You are so funny.

The Riggs Family said...

Isn't it so funny how they pick up on these things. Cate did the same thing when Eric brought her in on the last day of school and she sat at my desk. Nice job with the ISO. :-)

Arena Mom said...

You are getting this terminology down quickly!!! Great shots.

I have a post in draft and part of it is Mayna doing the same exact thing!! I work from hom 2 days a week and she comes to my desk, sits downa dn says "Mommy, I have to do my work". Too cute! Just shows you how much they watch/ listen!

Nancy said...

They don't miss a trick, do they? It looks like Bill Gates has competition up and coming! Great photos, too!

Phyllis said...

Grace, Aunt Phyl can't wait for you to join her in a game of scrabble! I play all the time online