Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Experiment

Last night we had some pretty big storms. The satellite TV kept going out and I thought there was a chance the lights might follow. So, I got out a flashlight just in case. Grace found the light fascinating and she illuminated her face, body parts, the wall, and Daisy. I remembered some photos I recently saw on another blog and decided to experiment with the camera a little to see what would happen. These photos are evidence that I have no idea what I am doing. But I am going to learn how to make this work and you will see some crisp, clear, low light, no flash photos someday.....

I wanted these to be in black and white, so I had to venture away from the comfort of the automatic modes to "P" on the creative side of the dial. That would have been great if I had any idea what I was supposed to do next. I knew the shutter was going to be open longer so I tried to brace my arms and stay as steady as possible but the pictures still came blurry. I can't see a tripod working here since my subject wasn't sitting still either. I think I was supposed to do something with the ISO and I suppose I could have tried the flash, but I wasn't thinking that far ahead. I think I need to try things out like this and then go and figure out what I did wrong and try it again.

Enjoy them anyway....I think the concept is cool, even if the pictures are not so great.

4 comments:

cathybcareers said...

Grace tell Mommy "who cares what the camera was doing" you where having fun and made Nana laugh right out loud. I love the idea of giving you a flashlight. Love You Both Nana.

Arena Mom said...

That second shot actually came out really cool! I have this little mini tripod thing that you can actually wrap around anything (bannesters, stands alone, shelves, whatever). I don't think it was real expensive but I haven't really tried it yet. I will look at it and let you know what kind it is. I may play with it at 4th of july.

Phyllis said...

Grace, I agree with Nana. Your foot is facinating

The Riggs Family said...

I think the foot picture is great. The lower the light you're in, the higher the ISO needs to be. When I don't use the flash and take indoor pictures of Cate, I usually set the ISO at 800 or 1600, depending on how much natural light is coming in. I also play around with the white balance to get the color to come out right. I have never tried it with black and white though.