Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, June 12, 2009

Evening swim


I tried out the zoom lens tonight and got this tranquil picture of some geese swimming near our house. I am happy with it. I like how clear the water was and the reflection of the geese on the surface. There was a slight ripple in the water but what you are seeing there is the vegetation growing from the bottom. The lake is really that clean!

I was surprised that I couldn't get a good picture of an osprey on the other side of the lake. I am figuring out the parameters and limitations of the 75-300 mm lens quickly and am already coveting more zoom and image stabilization. But don't worry - I am not crazy. That lens alone sells for $650!

2 comments:

Arena Mom said...

My biggest is a 55 - 200, but I love it. It has become my everyday lense. I think I may start a christmas list soon though!

cathybcareers said...

The geese look great on the lake. Are the babies still following their Mom and Dads? That would be a good photo too.
Loved Mom