Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

What do kids do better than adults?

This was a question posed to kids from 2-5 years old by Parenting magazine. Here are their responses:
  • Have fun! All grown-ups do is sit around while kids play in the park! (Vivian, age 5)

  • Get a treat for pooping in the potty. (Claire, age 2)

  • Hang upside down. My mommy sometimes wears a dress, and if she hung upside down you would see her underwear. You do NOT want to see my mommy's underwear. It's ugly! (Sasha, age 5)

  • We are much better puddle jumpers. (Brooke, age 4)

  • Blow bubbles in millk. (Chase, age 3)
I bet you can come up with more of your own!One great thing about summer in our area is that you can find an outdoor concert every night of the week at one of the parks. We took advantage of this opportunity last night and ventured out at 7:30 for some music. Grace was very interested in two little dogs that were sitting with their owners on the blanket out of the view of this photo. She noticed them right away and marched through the crowd right over to them. Here, they are sitting a safe distance away talking about the dogs.
The playground for Grace (and about 40 other kids) was just a bonus!Grace is becoming an excellent climber. I was surprised at how well she navigated this interesting climbing apparatus. As she ventured to the top you could see her concentration as she listened to Kyle's guidance about where to put her foot or hand. I also experienced what people mean about the light a couple of hours before sunset. It was just amazing and I wish I had been able to capture more pictures with this warm color.

5 comments:

cathybcareers said...

Summertime concerts in the Park. I wish I had someone to go with. Nana has the sheep meadow in Central Park and thousands of people go there to hear Broadway show music. Sounds like we should put that on Grace's List of things to do in New York City.
Love Nana

Phyllis said...

Grace, tell your Mommy that Aunt Phyl thinks that she is on her way to becoming a real photographer. Her photos of you, and of others, are absolutely wonderful! I enjoy looking at them time and time again. Don't forget,now. Tell Mommy I love her, and when you come back to FL I am taking you to Gumbo Limbo

The Riggs Family said...

I love the second photo of her in the yellow tunnel. Nice job! I still have yet to meet Grace now that you have finally met Cate. Maybe next time I'm up for a visit.

Kellie said...

Looks like you are getting a little climber too! I hear Legacy Village has concerts on Friday nights. We should try that out sometime with Mayna and Abby?

Aunt Jill said...

Kids do everything better than adults. Love you, Grace!

Love, Aunt Jill