Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Muffin mania

I found this recipe for banana muffins on Courtney's blog and made them a couple of weeks ago for Grace. She loved them so much that she ate 2-3 muffins a day. We made another batch together tonight and I have a feeling they are going to become a regular item in our kitchen. Courtney's original recipe called for coconut, but I left that out since I wasn't sure if Grace would like it. I imagine you could add nuts, raisins, or chocolate chips if you want but we found they are delicious just plain banana. Also, we didn't have vanilla yogurt in the house so I substituted vanilla pudding and they turned out really moist, so that is the way I have written the recipe here.

Banana Muffins
4 ripe bananas, mashed
1 1/2 cups flour (I used whole wheat flour)
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup vanilla pudding (I used a Snack Pack pudding)
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 large egg
Beat ingredients together and pour into lined muffin tin.
Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
Makes 12-15 muffins.

PS - The photo doesn't have anything to do with muffins. It is just another one from yesterday that I thought was cool. Just wanted to share....

3 comments:

cathybcareers said...

Funny Lynn; After you told me about the muffins from scratch I started to look for a muffin pan in my tiny NYC kitchen. I have one!
Love Mom

Arena Mom said...

Hey Lynn,
That sounds really good. My problem is, the only thing I can actually bake is Tres Leches cake. Anything else I completely burn (including those simple slice and bake cookies!!!).

Yes, I had to change the html to be a "3 column" layout. You then have to choose a 3 column background for your blog. Did all this at cutest blog on the block. See below... Also - mine still crop off sometimes. The first pic on mine now keeps doing it and makes me mad. I think it is just too wide. Cuts all of mayna's head off!!

Try it and let me know if you have any questions!

http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/blog-secrets/145-how-to-get-a-3-column-template.html

Phyllis said...

Aunt Phyl has a great recipe for blueberry muffins. Will find it and email it. Love you both